The mini-market, the aroma workshop or the wooden cabins… It’s difficult to pin-point the best of the Kids Club. With a changing schedule of daily activities, this open-air paradise, located on the grounds of what once Prince Alfonso’s home, is one of the most prized amenities of Marbella Club.
The Kids Club at Marbella Club.
One of the most-awaited activities of the day is the Slime Workshop. Guided by our staff members, children are able to combine simple ingredients to create gooey slime! We’ve jotted down the secret (and Borax-free, detergent-free!) Kids Club formula for creating the coolest slime around so that you can surprise your children with a fun, simple activity, perfect for a rainy day. It’s easy to clean up, too! This activity should always be done under adult supervision.
Here’s what you’ll need. This will make one individual blob of slime:
- white glue
- shaving cream
- baking powder (bicarbonate)
- natural food colouring
- contact lens solution
- essential oil for extra scent (optional)
- A wooden stick for stirring, or similar
Go at it:
- Pour the glue into a small bowl.
- Add a touch of colour with natural food colouring. Just a few drops. Stir.
- Add shaving cream and stir.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda and stir.
- Optional: Now’s the time to add a couple of drops of a natural oil or essence, like strawberry or lavender. Stir again.
- Here’s where the magic begins. Squirt a bit of contact lens solution into the mixture.
- Stir often and add more solution as needed, until you find just the right consistency.
- Play! If you’d like to play with it a bit later, bottle it up!
- We like to cover it so our tiny guests can take them home. Note that after approximantely an hour or after constant manipulation, the slime will begin to separate. You should throw it away at this point.
Keep in mind that making slime is an experiment. You can add less or more of each ingredient to play with the consistency of your slime. You can start with a small amount or add extra to make a large amount. The point is to play around until you find a recipe that you love. Have fun!
For more information about the Kids Club, contact: email@example.com. Check out the Spring Kids Club schedule here.